Pages

Mini beauty haul!

Saturday 18 April 2015


Hey folks! 
I've been so tired this week, and I don't think i've done much out of the ordinary...just my usual 5 day full time working week. But man I'm exhausted. Today I've got a mini beauty haul for you! I ordered these all online from boots which came instore the next day?! Which I think is pretty damn good, seeing as you have to wait like a week for a new look order to arrive instore. I still love you though New Look, still love ya.

We'll start with my all time favourite beauty product, eyeshadow palettes. I've seen these extremely often on majority of the blogs and youtube video's i've been watching/reading recently. Its the Collection Eyes uncovered 'Nude Palette' When I was listening to the reviews I was like YES! This is right up my street! I love a good nude palette. I also picked up at the same time the Little Mix 'All About The Eyes' palette. Which at the time I thought were completely different palettes, which I suppose you could say they are because the Little Mix palette is a lot lot more shimmery than the other. When I opened the nude palette, I was sort of semi-dissapointed...purely because I thought this was going to be an all matte palette but it wasn't. I still think the pigmentation and staying power of the shadows are incredible for the price. Just not what I was expecting from it really. I do however have what I was expecting from the Little Mix palette, it was all shimmer and more. Its stunning for the price, and the pigmentation and lasting power is incredible. Such a good product to have in your make up stash. 

Next onto Lip liners and eye liners - I've wanted to try NYX products for a while, I don't know why I haven't to be truly honest. I ordered these off amazon, I was scrolling through the beauty section and just popped them in my basket with the though 'Meh, i'll try those!' I picked up the NYX Lip liner pencil in 'Natural' and the NYX eye pencil in 'White'. I've been searching for a white pencil for a while to try and brighten up my eyes and to use it in the waterline. I love these pencils, they're so pigmented and last such a long time.

Lastly is the Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer - I've heard so many good things about this product and i've been on the hunt for a new primer for a while. I'm not too sure if primers are a scam and if they actually benefit my make up at all. I really need to try that one half face primer one half face not thing. It has a really strange texture, not what I expected at all...really silicone-like and greasy? I wasn't actually that impressed by it, also I didn't want to buy the full size one incase I didn't like it. So I purchased the travel size one for £12 and its absolutely tiny, I know its 'travel size' but come on! I'm still deciding on whether this was a good buy or not.

What have you picked up lately from the drugstore? :)

Love Lauren xx





No comments:

Post a Comment